Transportation is one of the challenges families face to get their children to after school programs.
With our location, here are several options for families to consider.
- Hanwen Shuttle (limited availability)
- Berkeley School Bus
- Carpool Options
- Kid-Friendly Ridesharing
For 2017–18, our shuttle goes to:
- Albany Unified:
- Cornell Elementary — 3:05PM
- Marin Elementary — 3:10PM
- Berkeley Unified:
- Berkeley Arts Magnet (aka BAM) — Kinder 2:25PM
- Berkeley Arts Magnet (aka BAM) — Grade 1–5 3:15PM
MONTHLY FEE (subject to available routes)
|3‑day (about 12 days)||5‑day (about 20 days)|
NOTE: the routes and schedule will be updated in August for 2018–19 school year because some student dismissal times are announced late.
Berkeley Unified School District has school buses that can drop-off children at a nearby bus stop where our staff will pick up your child and walk them back to our facility. There is no cost for the Berkeley school bus.
Below are the Central Zone elementary schools:
- MalcolmX — AVAILABLE
- Cragmont — AVAILABLE
- Oxford — AVAILABLE
- Le Conte — AVAILABLE
- Washington Elementary- NOT AVAILABLE (per BUSD, too close)
- Berkeley Arts Magnet — NOT AVAILABLE (per BUSD, too close)
Even if you live right next door to a CENTRAL ZONE school, BUSD can help transport your child to our after-school program.
Students currently walk or carpool from the following schools:
- Berkeley Unified: Jefferson, Rosa Parks, John Muir
- Kensington: Hilltop
- El Cerrito: Madera
- Oakland, Piedmont, Upper Rockridge: TBD
We can ask our students’ parents if they are interested in carpooling with other families.
Please email us at email@example.com to inquire.
There are now ridesharing companies like Uber and Lyft that provide transportation specifically for children. These services insure your children are safe by requiring their drivers to be background checked and have childcare experience to provide a safe journey for your child(ren) to various destinations.
Typically, these services cost about $15~20 per trip depending on distance driven and pickup/wait times.
Having multiple children picked up from the same location helps reduce the cost per trip.
Please consider these companies:
- HopSkipDrive (http://www.hopskipdrive.com/)
- Zum (http://ridezum.com/)
- Kanga (http://www.kangoapp.co/)