Transportation is one of the challenges families face to get their children to after school programs.
With our location, here are several options for families to consider.
- Hanwen Shuttle (limited availability)
- Berkeley School Bus
- Carpool Options
- Kid-Friendly Ridesharing
For 2021–22, our shuttle goes to:
- Albany Unified
Cornell, Marin, Oceanview
- Early Bird (around 2:00pm)
- Late Bird (around 3:05pm)
- Berkeley Unified
- Rosa Parks — Kinder 2:20PM
- Berkeley Arts Magnet (aka BAM) — Kinder 2:25PM
- Rosa Parks — Kinder 3:15PM
- Berkeley Arts Magnet (aka BAM) — Grade 1–5 3:20PM
- Black Pine Circle
- Grade K‑1 — 2:25PM
MONTHLY FEE (subject to available routes)
|3‑day (about 12 days)||5‑day (about 20 days)|
NOTE: the routes and schedule will be updated in August for 2022–23 school year because some student dismissal times are announced late.
Berkeley Unified School District has school buses that can drop-off children at a nearby bus stop where our staff will pick up your child and walk them back to our facility. There is no cost for the Berkeley school bus.
Below are the Central Zone elementary schools:
- MalcolmX — AVAILABLE, subject to BUSD confirmation
- Cragmont — AVAILABLE, subject to BUSD confirmation
- Le Conte — AVAILABLE, subject to BUSD confirmation
- Ruth Acty Elementary- NOT AVAILABLE (per BUSD, too close)
- Oxford Elementary- NOT AVAILABLE (per BUSD, too close)
- Washington Elementary- NOT AVAILABLE (per BUSD, too close)
- Berkeley Arts Magnet — NOT AVAILABLE (per BUSD, too close)
Even if you live right next door to a CENTRAL ZONE school, BUSD can help transport your child to our after-school program.
Students currently walk or carpool from the following schools:
- Berkeley Unified:
Ruth Acty, Rosa Parks, John Muir, Washington
- Kensington: Hilltop
- El Cerrito: Madera
- Oakland, Piedmont, Upper Rockridge: TBD
We can ask our students’ parents if they are interested in carpooling with other families.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
There are now ridesharing companies like Uber and Lyft that provide transportation specifically for children. These services insure your children are safe by requiring their drivers to be background checked and have childcare experience to provide a safe journey for your child(ren) to various destinations.
Typically, these services cost about $15~20 per trip depending on distance driven and pickup/wait times.
Having multiple children picked up from the same location helps reduce the cost per trip.
Please consider these companies:
- HopSkipDrive (http://www.hopskipdrive.com/)
- Zum (http://ridezum.com/)
- Kanga (http://www.kangoapp.co/)