Children who can already verbally communicate in Mandarin Chinese are suited to be in our Heritage Language track.
Many of these children learn to understand and speak Chinese with parents, grandparents, or relatives OR attended a Mandarin immersion preschool or elementary school.
In this program, children will learn the phonetics, grammar, broader vocabulary, and practice reading and writing Chinese characters.
CLASS DAYS & TIME
- Class Days: 3-day per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
5-day option available (Tu/Thur supplemental instruction)
- Normal Arrival Hours: 2:30PM ~ 6:00PM
Student arrival time: 2:30PM ~ 3:45PM.
- Early Arrival Hours: 1:30PM ~ 6:00PM
Student arrival time: 1:30PM ~ 2:45PM
- Heritage — Early Arrival (Chinese Level K) — Kindergarten
- Heritage — Beginner (Chinese Level K) — Grade K~2
- Heritage — Elementary (Chinese Level 1) — Grade 1~3
- Heritage — Intermediate (Chinese Level 2) — Grade 2~5
For children (grades K-5) who are not yet able to easily understand and speak Chinese,
we have a separate Chinese as Second Language track.
For upper elementary children who have intermediate to advanced Chinese,
we offer Small Group Chinese Tutoring classes.