Registration for 2017-2018 Academic School Year!
|Chinese as Second Language||Program designed for children with minimal to no previous Chinese language background.|
| Suitable for children who are able to understand and speak basic Chinese.
Typically children who have been in Mandarin immersion programs or actively speak at home with family members.
Starting in January, we will have reduced shuttle rates
if we have 2 or more students being picked up at a location.
Hanwen School's Afterschool Language Program give children a way to learn Chinese in an immersion environment. By supplementing your child to learn a new language while having fun, you help prepare your child for the future globalized world economy.
Learning Chinese requires frequent listening, speaking, and reading practice.
Our after-school program provides an immersive environment for children 5 days a week.
- Children first learn phonetics and tones along with basic vocabulary
- Then they learn simple & more complex Chinese characters through songs, poems, and stories.
Description of Actvities
- Active Play Chinese: Kids use our large gym floor to do various activities designed to help teach Chinese.
- Chinese Reading/Writing: Formal classroom instruction to allow teacher to cover teaching curriculum.
- Heritage Enrichment: “Creative” activities that supplement and enhance each week’s Chinese lessons.
- Math & Science: Kids learn Chinese vocabulary related to math and science activities.
- Movement & Dance: Dance & songs are great ways for kids to learn Chinese through song and lyrics.
Heritage enrichment activities on Tuesday & Thursday reinforce & extend Chinese lessons taught on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday.