Hanwen School's after-school language programs give children a way to practice and learn language in multipel times per week. By supplementing your child to learn a new language while having fun, you help prepare your child for the future globalized world economy.
|Suitable for children who are able to understand and speak basic Chinese.
Typically children who have been in Mandarin immersion programs or actively speak at home with family members.
|Chinese as Second Language||Suited for children with no prior language experience OR for kids who may be out of practice speaking Chinese.
This class helps children learn to listen and speak simple Chinese.
|NEW - heritage Japanese after-school program helps maintain children's Japanese language fluency.
Learning language requires frequent listening, speaking, and reading practice.
Our after-school program provides an immersive environment for children 5 days a week.
- Children first learn phonetics and tones along with basic vocabulary
- Then they learn simple & more complex Chinese characters through songs, poems, and stories.
Description of Actvities
- Active Play: Kids use our large gym floor to do various activities designed to help teach Chinese.
- Chinese Reading/Writing: Formal classroom instruction to allow teacher to cover teaching curriculum.
- Heritage Enrichment: “Creative” activities that supplement and enhance each week’s Chinese lessons.
- Math & Science: Kids learn Chinese vocabulary related to math and science activities.
- Movement & Dance: Dance & songs are great ways for kids to learn Chinese through song and lyrics.
Classes on Tuesday & Thursday reinforce & extend Chinese lessons taught on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday.