Applications will be processed in order of submission
— New —
- After-School Language Programs
- After-School Heritage Chinese (Grade K‑5)
- Beginning “Let’s Speak Chinese” (Grade K‑2 & Grade 3–5)
- Small Group Chinese Tutoring (Grade 3~8)
- New - Medaka Heritage Japanese (Grade K‑5)
- 2018 Summer Camp (Grade K‑5)
- Beginner Adult Chinese Classes
- Tuesday Kids Yoga & Friday Kung Fu
Click here to learn more about transportation options with Berkeley school bus or Hanwen shuttle.
Hanwen School offers Mandarin Chinese & Japanese language after-school classes & tutoring, weekend workshops, and summer camps for elementary, middle, and high school children in the Berkeley, Albany, and surrounding areas. Children learn each language and develop an awareness of the language’s culture. Games and activities provide constant opportunities for children to practice their language abilities. Some enrichment activities include arts & crafts, yoga, and kung fu.
Onsite piano and violin music lessons make it a convenient option for busy families.
To get news about our programs, join our mailing list
Help us get the word out to families about our language programs. We also share online articles through our Facebook page.
We serve our local East Bay community to provide after-school language programs, weekend workshops, and summer camps.