Keep your children speaking Chinese over the summer
with hands-on science projects and fun activities
Who Is It For?
Children ages 5–10 who can understand basic spoken Mandarin Chinese.
The camp will be held in nine one-week sessions between June 19 – August 25, 2017.
|June 19 — June 23||Session 1||Moving on Land|
|June 26 — June 30||Session 2||Special Culture Session (see blog post)
“Calligraphy in Motion”
(with “Building Buildings”)
|July 3 — July 7||Session 3||Living Things
(No camp on July 4)
|July 10 — July 14||Session 4||Power of Energy|
|July 17 — July 21||Session 5||Air and Sky|
|July 24 — July 28||No Camp|
|July 31 — August 4||Session 6||Ocean and Water|
|August 7 — August 11||Session 7||Stars and Solar System|
|August 14 — August 18||Session 8||Wizardry and Reactions|
|August 21 — August 25||Session 9||Lights, Camera, Action|
* Curriculum may be subject to minor adjustment
Camp runs from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Extended care available from 8:00am – 6:30 pm for an additional charge.
Location: 1548 University Ave in Berkeley
Register Now for Summer Camp
|Download 2017 Summer Science Camp Registration Form here.|
Students explore each week’s theme by engaging in exciting, hands-on science and craft activities, learning related vocabulary, and develop their Mandarin skills.
In the afternoon, students will go to nearby Ohlone park for outdoor activities.
Weekly Themes and Program Highlights
|June 19 – 23 : Moving on Land
Explore the science behind cars, wheels, gears, and motors
|June 26 – 30 : “Calligraphy in Motion” (with Building Buildings)
Special Culture Session (see blog post)
Combine Chinese art/crafts & calligraphy in the mornings with kung-fu in afternoon. Also, learn about architecture design and building construction.
|July 3 – 7 : Living Things
Explore properties of microorganisms, plants, and bugs
|July 10 – 14 : Power of Energy
Explore ways to transform energy
|July 17 – 21 : Air and Sky
Explore airplanes, aerodynamics, and different properties of air
|July 31 – August 4 : Ocean and Water
Explore boats, buoyancy, and different properties of water
|August 7 – 11 : Stars and Solar System
Explore fast moving projectiles, rocket building, and propulsion
|August 14 – 18 : Wizardry and Reactions
Discover the “magic” of invisible forces and optical illusions
|August 21 – 25 : Lights, Camera, Action
Learn about properties of light and make your own movie
Daily Camp Schedule
Click here for the daily summer camp schedule
- $400/session (Early Bird Rate) if registration paid by 3/1/2017
- $425/session (Spring Rate) if registration paid by 4/1/2017
- $450/session if registration paid after 4/1/17
- Fees for Session 3 (4-day camp) discounted by $50 — [$350, $375, $400]
- Regular camp hours : 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Extended care available for $100/week : (8:00 – 9:00 a.m., 3:00 – 6:30 p.m.)
- A late fee of $1/minute is assessed for late pick-up after 6:30 p.m.
- Multiple week discount: Sign up for three or more weeks and deduct $25 for each week.
- Sibling Discount: $25 less per week for second child (cannot be used with multiple week discount).
- Camper weeks are not transferable to other campers.
- Written (including email) notice is required to cancel or change your registration.
- In the event of cancellation, $100 per week per child will be retained as a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit.
- NO REFUNDS will be given after 5/1/17.
- Please note that refunds are not available for Early Bird rates.
Please note the following: No camp on Tuesday, July 4, 2017
For More Information:
Feel free to contact us at (510) 545‑2126 or email@example.com for more information.
We look forward to sharing a summer full of learning and fun!