Registration for 2017–2018 Academic School Year!
Hanwen School’s Afterschool Language Program give children a way to learn Chinese in an immersion environment. By supplementing your child to learn a new language while having fun, you help prepare your child for the future globalized world economy.
Learning Chinese requires frequent listening, speaking, and reading practice.
Our after-school program provides an immersive environment for children 5 days a week.
- Children first learn phonetics and tones along with basic vocabulary
- Then they learn simple & more complex Chinese characters through songs, poems, and stories.
Description of Actvities
- Active Play Chinese: Kids use our large gym floor to do various activities designed to help teach Chinese.
- Chinese Reading/Writing: Formal classroom instruction to allow teacher to cover teaching curriculum.
- Heritage Enrichment: “Creative” activities that supplement and enhance each week’s Chinese lessons.
- Math & Science: Kids learn Chinese vocabulary related to math and science activities.
- Movement & Dance: Dance & songs are great ways for kids to learn Chinese through song and lyrics.
Heritage enrichment activities on Tuesday & Thursday reinforce & extend Chinese lessons taught on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday.